Thursday, April 2, 2009

Counting Blessings Family

Counting blessings:
I had three of the older kids, Becky, Jenny, Monte, for the weekend. The little one cried when I wouldn't bring her, but I bring the two little ones all the time by themselves, and the older ones hadn't had a weekend alone in a long time. I felt bad anyway.

This weekend the four youngest came. I saw the older three at Woodruff, and joked around with them. We were real noisy because the kids had found my old little suitcase with my high school diaries and mementoes so I was showing them things and they were all taking thing out and asking about them. GG looked very tired and sort of just sat and smiled from time to time so when I got ready to leave I patted her shoulder and said, "have a nice quiet weekend, and she actually looked grateful! Maybe she is starting to realize I am her best friend after all.

I have lost more weight; I was the "biggest looser" twice in a row at T.O .P.S. Hopefully I can keep taking it off.

I am down to 8 mg. dosage of steroids and lived to tell about it. They weren't kidding when they said the last l0 would be the most difficult.

My voice is getting stronger and more range; I can actually sing tenor and change notes for most of an octave; I enjoy singing and I really missed being able to sing when I had to just whisper the words.

I had observation and evaluation by the principal and got very high marks, no "needs improvement" and mostly "meets expectations." on a scale where they are specifically told not to mark the highest (walks on water.) So basically I got all B and B+ on a no A scale. I was impressed, I hope you are! Mr. E was very complimentary and said he really enjoyed being in my room and watching me interact with the students and really enjoyed my enthusiasm.
I have some great new friends, men and women at work on a school day basis, and am in the beginning of a great friendship with my chiropractor. We talk and visit every time I go in and he is a lot of laughs and lot of fun, something I am in great of need of to get through these next weeks of withdrawal. I am very grateful for him as I am for you for the support I get.

I hugged my Son today! I decided next time he talked to me and we weren't in public where it would embarrass him I would, so I did and He hugged back, softly.. He told me how much he liked his missionary scriptures that I gave him for his l6 birthday. He is a beautiful boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment