Sunday, April 12, 2009

My part in scanning Grandma's book

10/13/08 4:25 PM I have scanned my little heart out doing 1969-1979, that includes Max and Lynda's wedding through the birth and todlerhood of Monte. I'll be putting it on CD's for Christmas. Now I am starting on Grandma Grace Hoblit Jacobs' geneology work that she gave to her kids in 1945 and added to later on. She had to hand copy every document and type them up individually so this high tech scanner is putting her lifetime effort into a few hours. I will also scan in pedigree sheets and family group sheets that interpret the pages, but the photos are priceless.

I called Duane and left a message that I wanted the book to scan.
Jean called me back and said she had it and would leave in in the foyer.
I picked it up. I scanned it all, including the dozen or so pages I've added over the years.

I scanned all the family group sheets but only have pedigree sheets for a few generations. It would be great to include your work and the temple dates you have if I can.

From: "Marie Hunter" You got "the Book" ? Wow! That and been such a mystery to keep track of. Don't let it get back to Duane's, he'll go first and we'll never see it again.

Did you buy a scanner?? gave up on me? That's a huge and great project!!

From: "Marie Hunter"
So you don't have the book?

I have a number of Jacobs pedigree charts going
back at least a dozen or more generations on some lines.

If Duane has the book, keep up the pressure, but go through Jean.
Tell her Mother wants to go through it or something

10/13/08 8:35 PM One of my foster boys mom's offered to loan me her scanner and taught me how to use it. It is awesome.

Yes, I had the book a few years ago and put all the pages back to back in non acid page protectors and then Duane couldn't find it a couple of years ago.

I am scanning the family group sheets right now, and I can't find the pedigree sheets, so if you have the Jacobs pedigree charts could I get them to scan in to interpret "the book".




No comments:

Post a Comment